Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I hope to get back out on the lake at least once more this year if work allows

Now that's a nice hall.

I spent the afternoon on Erie yesterday. Was a bit of a roll of the dice because I knew the weather was going to turn. The radio station from Erie pa was broadcasting a tornado warning and that's just a hop skip and jump away.

Ended up with 2 nice walleyes in the boat for our troubles.

The first fish was a 6 pounder. Didn't get a chance to weigh the second one but it was a touch bigger.

And that's the big grey monster that chased us off the lake. Made it back to the ramp with less than 5 mins to spare.

All In all a good afternoon on the water.

Plowboy not the best time to be on the water but nice job. I saw those clouds all afternoon then it finally hit around 7pm and tornado warnings lifted shortly after. It's been raining buckets all night and still hasn't quit. I'm sure you've got it by now on your side of the pond.

It was a roll of the dice but it was a calculated roll. I kept an eye on the radar and didn't stray too far from port.

I've been known to fish once in a while. Heading out in the AM to see what I might find. Chances are good it will be a long morning with no action, but every once in a while I get surprised.

Nice Wallys there Plowboy, very nice indeed. Aaron, that looks like you had a field day for sure.

Best, Fran

Here's a big smallmouth bass (by northern WI standards) from our summer vacation. Measure 21" and was thick.

P7270113_zpsjlcuoiyz.jpg

WI wino. Nice fish! If I caught that it would be a new decoration in my living room. Been chasing a 20"er my entire life. I have a bunch 19 and 19 1/2". But nothing that big

Limited out on Coho salmon when we went out on Thursday. Two of us on the boat, 12 fish. Went out Sunday and only caught one. Nice big one though!

Jules

How deep do you run to catch them? In Erie I normally play in the 40-90 foot or water range.

Wino/Calvin,

Nice fish gentlemen. I did see a good fish the other day, but he was a looker not a biter. Hope to put a good fish in the boat over the next couple of weekends.

Fish Hard,

Fran

Back