First wine for a new guy.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliveking

Junior
Reaction score
Hi this is my very first attempt at making wine. I would like to know if i am doing things right so far. This is the recipe.

9 lemons 3 campden
9 oranges 3 gallons of water
9 grapefruit yeast and yeast starter.
9#sugar

I peeled all the fruit with a potato peeler and put into a bag. Then i cut all the white pulp off of the fruit and i juiced the fruit. I put everything in the primary and waited 24 hours then added yeast. I have been stirring it everyday. It is suppose to sit in the primary for two weeks. I am at the first week.

my starting hydrometer reading was 1.95 I tested it yesterday and it was at 1.80.

so how does it look so far am i doing things right.

I think you are missing a zero in you readings, do you mean 1.095 and 1.080? So you are making a lemon/orange/grapefruit wine?

It should sit in the primary until you have a reading of at least below 1.010.

OliveKing, first off welcome aboard. When you get a chance how about going to our introductions thread and tell us abit about yourself. I am paticularly interested in the name Oliveking. Did you win a eating contest, just like them or do you make them. After talking to Wade I am very interested in trying my hand at them this fall.

Your recipe sounds like an awesome summer refresher. Keep us posted.

PACKERS of Course... and I'm a DIE HARD LIONS FAN!!! But I'm supporting my wife in the Superbowl! hehe

PACKERS of Course... and I'm a DIE HARD LIONS FAN!!! But I'm supporting my wife in the Superbowl! hehe

I really hate to say it but I am sorry for your LOSS..... hahaha Go Steelers..

Latest posts

Back