First Time Pressing Fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winofarmer

Confused Rookie
Reaction score
First run with my new press I made with a hardware kit off Ebay,I have had 60lbs of pears in the freezer and I pressed 50lbs today and ended with 4 gallons of juice, I have the other 10lbs of chopped pears in a fine mesh bag in the juice.The press worked flawless !!!

2013-07-17 20.09.58.jpg

First run with my new press I made with a hardware kit off Ebay,I have had 60lbs of pears in the freezer and I pressed 50lbs today and ended with 4 gallons of juice, I have the other 10lbs of chopped pears in a fine mesh bag in the juice.The press worked flawless !!!

I looked into that press! Now I feel I MUST buy it!!! Ugh, the Lady isn't gonna like this.....

Just tell he about all of the money you will save by not having to purchase wine in a liquor store.

Ha! So far that is working for me!

Press looks awesome; I think you will inspire many to build one, including myself.

I like this design and the workmanship is great! But I wondered if anyone here had tried the "quicky" solution to making a press?

Go to Harbor Freight during one of their sales, buy a hydraulic press, and make the basket, discs and pan to fit that. I know a guy who has one.

20 ton on sale now for $159....

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-Ton...iMTU5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p ZCI6IjkzOTIifQ==

Another way to make the wooden press is to make the frame but use a hydraulic jack to press instead of the screw. It adds a lot of leverage. I know a guy who made one of those.

Just some ideas for the tinkerers out there.

I like this design and the workmanship is great! But I wondered if anyone here had tried the "quicky" solution to making a press?

Go to Harbor Freight during one of their sales, buy a hydraulic press, and make the basket, discs and pan to fit that. I know a guy who has one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-Ton...iMTU5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p ZCI6IjkzOTIifQ==

Another way to make the wooden press is to make the frame but use a hydraulic jack to press instead of the screw. It adds a lot of leverage. I know a guy who made one of those.

Did a lot of reasearch before hand and I thought about doing the Harbor Freight plan but I like working with wood couldn't pass up the chance to build this one....

:try That is awesome!

Oh man, we need another thread on quicky wine presses!

Did a lot of reasearch before hand and I thought about doing the Harbor Freight plan but I like working with wood couldn't pass up the chance to build this one....

Oh don't get me wrong, Lon ... I think yours is awesome! It's beautifully made and functional, as well. Works perfectly, it appears. I enjoyed seeing one of those actually get built, since I had seen the plans and parts kits on eBay.

I apologize for hijacking the thread.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-Ton-Shop-Press-60603.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiOTQ3MzM4MDIiLCJza3UiOiI2MDYwMyIsImlzIjoiMTU5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjkzOTIifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A

The seller has a kit that includes all the wood pieces for $159 http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=160808666998

Oh don't get me wrong, Lon ... I think yours is awesome! It's beautifully made and functional, as well. Works perfectly, it appears. I enjoyed seeing one of those actually get built, since I had seen the plans and parts kits on eBay.

I apologize for hijacking the thread.

No problem Jim I am enjoying all of the intrest that it has sparked.....

Back