First Port Kit.......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diamonds have to be seeded and formed first before a filter can take them out. Cold stabilization helps to form the seeds. You don't need to stabilize long if you are going to filter. Just be aware that they can block a filter pretty quick though when they are small.

When they are large, they just drop to the bottom, and you just make sure you don't suck them up when filtering.

Thanks troops...maybe one of these days I'll understand all that info on "diamonds" etc. or at least I hope so.

The port is holding the SG @ 1.010 (68 degrees) today. If it stays there tomorrow, I'll go on to Stage 3 (stabilizing & clearing).

The coloring is great and the aroma is also.

I think I would warm it up a bit. 68 degrees is kind of cool and that SG is a little high. What was the SG back on December the 10th? Did you stabilize then? If so, disregard this note.
smiley1.gif

O.K. then..back on the 5th (when I went to Stage 2 - Secondary fermentation) the SG was at 1.010.
Haven't gone to Stage 3 (stabilization & clearing) as yet. That is supposed to happen tomorrow if, as the instructions read, the SG By Stageis at 1.010 or less 2 days in a row. It is at 1.010 now.
The instructions that came with my hydrometer reads (under Temperature Corrections) 60 degrees F ......0 Correction
70 degrees F .....Add 1
So, if my calculations are right, even if I add the 1 that would still give me a reading of 1.011, correct?

Latest posts

Back