first kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgogirl

Reaction score
hi everyone again,

so i have got my first kit tonight , i got a white zinfandel by vintners reserve. i hope it turns out like the wine i have been liking lately. i am still new to drinking wine as well :D

so if anyone has any tips they what to give, i will gladly take any?

Follow the instructions and ask questions along the way. Good Luck! ;)

I did my first batch last August as a WX Vintner's Reserve Coastal White. I followed the instructions to the letter and then, showing an incredible amount of patience (or benign neglect) left it alone airlocked in the carboy in the basement for 6 months to age.

It came out great, and I am now enjoying some fine wine.

that is sweet! well i am in the middle of mine right now waiting for the water temp to go down so i can add the yest. my SG was a little lower then what is should be i hope that is ok!

that is sweet! well i am in the middle of mine right now waiting for the water temp to go down so i can add the yest. my SG was a little lower then what is should be i hope that is ok!
virgogirl:

Give us numbers if you want an answer. I would expect a White Zin to be the low end of the range.

Also make sure that the concentrate/juice package and the added water were mixed very well (stir vigourously) before taking the sg reading.

Tips? Mix the must well (gee I just said that), be patient, degass thoroughly, be patient. If the kit came with a sweetening pack, and you are you planning to add it, don't leave out the sorbate.

Steve

Back