Mosti Mondiale First Kit - MM VN Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm on the next stage...stabilizing. SG was 0.993 for the last2 - 3 days. All went well with the racking.
smiley4.gif
Left the lees behind. I'll de-gas 4more timeover the next 24 hours and then let it sit for about 8 days then start clearing and bottle in another 8 or so. I added K-meta per the instructions tonight and I'll top off after the de-gasing tomorrow night. For a 28 day kit things are progressing kinda fast, only 12 days so far. Temp has been a constant 73 degrees.

It sounds like you are doing everything right, Jeff! Don't worry about the time. You never know for sure how hungry the yeasties are! Yours apparently were mighty hummmgry!

The most difficult part is almost upon you...letting it sit in the bottles!

Hi Everyone,

A quick photo update:

20080509_211206_3_friends.jpg

Left to right: WE WV Shiraz (just out of the primary), MM VN Pinot Noir (into a 49 hr de-gas, 25" Hg with the MityVac) WE VR Chardonnay (3 days into doin' the turntable battonage).Edited by: Jeff H

Well here is the almost finished product. I'll label them in a few days:

20080519_194054_Pinot_Bottles.jpg

31 bottles, great job letting the lees compact to extract more goodness from the kit!

Actually I think I count 32
smiley2.gif
and I have to ask...how did you end up with that many bottles? Was it a 6.5 Gallon carboy? Even with no lees in a 6 gallon, you can't get more than 30! They look great. Awesome job on the 1st kit!

I see 32 as well but the one in front and the five on the right of the next row are small bottles. That brings the total to 29 regular bottles worth. A fantastic haul!!

Give that lady a prize!
smiley10.gif
smiley32.gif

Ifilled the 375ml bottles to open one each month over the next 6 monthsas testers. Hopefully this will help me with patience even though my intent with this wine was an early drinker.

I probably could have filled one more 375ml bottle but I kinda liked how it tasted sooooo
smiley9.gif
29 was the final count! Ifiltered with a Vinbrite so there was only a small amount of wine/lees mixtureleft over in the carboy.

Joan, I'll try and post my label design this evening. Jeff

Oooppss! Didnt look that close, just counted what was in the back row and multiplied by 6 plus the 1 in front and didnt realize that the few to the right were smaller either.

Jeff H said:
Give that lady a prize!
smiley10.gif
smiley32.gif

Joan, I'll try and post my label design this evening. Jeff

Whoohooo! I love prizes!!
smiley4.gif

I think the reason I noticed the small bottles is because I use a few of them each batch too.

Can't wait to see your label!

Hi Joan,

Here is the label but after looking at it again, I think I'll re-do it:
The title spacing was better in the Word version too.

20080521_191653_PN_Label.jpg

Thanks Joan and Joe. I was thinking it was too dark and I had planned to change it. I did check on a light and dark bottle and it seemed fine but after I posted it, I wasn't so sure. I can try it on this batch and see how it goes.Thanks again...Jeff

Now that I've studied your label more, I'm sure I've seen those mountains in Peoria.
smiley4.gif

You have hills? Wow! I think there were two slight rises between DeKalb and LaSalle...both were over culverts.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back