First breakage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
Well , Not thinking I placed my favorite hydrometer on the leather sectional . Took the pups out for a quick romp in the field . Came home and went to kitchen to grab a glass for some blackberry merlot . Needless to say I sat down forgetting that I placed the hyd. well I think you know what happend next , alls I heard was a crunch , atleast I bought three when I first started getting my equipment , so I,m not empty handed .

Glad it broke and didn't get inserted. (Sorry it broke.)

Me to , good thing it was in the plastic container or I would be pickn glass outa my backside . And I did read that postearlier today that someone broke their carboy .

I guess a $6.00 broken hydrometer is just a lesson learned and not a real loss compared to a carboy or a backside injury. I'm glad you took the advice of this forum about buying a spare or two.

I wish they would make a "Better Hydrometer" to go with "Better Bottles" I can't tell you how many of then things I have broke in the sink. Along with 1 gallon jugs, a little Oxy Clean and hot water and things get slick, next thing I know i'm saying a few choice words and pulling a backup out of the closest.

Duster that is the reason I don't own a carboy without one of those red handles on them. When cleaning a carboy, I never let go of that handle. They are just too slippery.

I've heard that too Dan, but I think it was in a different forum.

LOL

A different forum troy?????? Does such a thing exist??? Are you cheating on us?? LOL

I was going to elaborate more, but, the insinuations have already been posted!!!

And whats up with Dans barking cat?

LOL

I was going to elaborate more, but, the insinuations have already been posted!!!

And whats up with Dans barking cat?

LOL

Troy, I have never heard the barking cat thing before, but I will be sure and use it. Hope you don't mind, LOL, Arne.

Latest posts

Back