RJ Spagnols filter on the muscat?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyo

Junior
Reaction score
Just stated my second kit today and it was the O.B. Muscat. The juice taste gret and can't wait till its done. One question though, on day 42 it states to filter the wine into the primary to bottle. I am sure it is ok, but I do not have a filter. Do you have to filter the this wine?

One kit at a time is not enough, man I need more room.

Lots of folks do filter the whites to help give them that shine but as long as your wine is clear you really don't need to filter.
VPC

The reason they state this is a precaution to remove any more possible yeast cells due to its high sugar content. Make sure you add the k-meta and both packages of sorbate with this and let it sit after adding f-pac some extra time to make sure you dont get a renewed fermentation.

sounds good, thanks,

my first kit was the German Auslee Res. That was good stuff. My wife and I like sweet wines so i bottled half the way it called for, then the other half my wife and i back sweeten some them tasted then back sweeten some more then back sweten some more. when we were done we had 4 different versions of the wine. After about 2 months of it sitting in the bottles I started to drink it and give some away. That was about 6 months ago. last month i opened one of the bottles and i can kick my self and should have waited. it was better now then it was then. but i just had to drink it and give it away. This time i am hoping to let it sit a little longer, we will see. this batch i plan on not doing anything with it unless the directions called for it.

Time is a good thing with wine making, always make enough wine to keep some in hibernation!

Latest posts

Back