Fig Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofasailor

Junior
Reaction score
My first batch of fig wine has been in the carboy for several months now. I have about 2 inches of lees on the bottom. I have taken the specific gravity a couple times over the past week at it is .997. Some questions...should I transfer wine to another carboy and then sweeten?...or just leave it where it is. What is the best way to sweeten for a first timer? Do I have to add anything to the wine when I sweeten? How long do you leave in carboy after you sweeten? Sorry for the elementary questions but I really don't know what I'm doing.....but having fun! Cheers all.

Fig wine..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes. take it off the garbag,e but just let it set a little longer and record the sg,be careful when you transfer the wine not to over handle (oxidation),when you've have seen that it is quite stable,use a finding agent like superkleer,and let that settle out,the add your chems,k met and sorbate stabilize again see that no fermentation is taking place, you can back sweeten with simple syrup......................did I miss something?:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try

Back