Ferment to dry in bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty_Kay

Reaction score
I realize this has been discussed before but I can't find seem to find a thread that discusses it. Does anyone ferment juice buckets to dry and then transfer to glass once fermentation is complete? Thanks!

I have never done a juice bucket, but I do know folks ferment to dry in them. Get the s.g. down to 1.010 or so, snap the lid on with an airlock in it and let it finish. Transfer to secondary when done. Arne.

Oops! Just re-read your post and see that you're asking about juice buckets which I've not done. I'll leave what I first wrote below; perhaps it can be useful info none the less.

Yes! With lower end kits and DB. Lid gets locked down and airlocked @ SG 1.020 for the kits and 1.000 for DB. My higher end RJS WS kits have instructions to rack from primary to carboy before going dry and that is what I do.

Last edited:
Ok, cool. I currently have limited carboy space so was hoping to just ferment to dry and transfer to glass once fermentation is done. Glad others have done so with no adverse consequences. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back