Feeling old

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight we went to a great concert at Penn State. It was Mannheim Steamroller. The problem is,I love this group and you would have thought I was at a Lawrence Well show. I felt like I was the youngest person there and the place was packed.

Dan....lol.. when we went to see the Eagles a few months back, my wife and I were the youngest people there, and the old bastards in the crowd still managed to drink too much and start fights with each other....

"I'm at the age now where just putting my cigar in it's holder is a thrill."
George Burns

Went to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert recently. I like my Christmas music. Mannheim Steamroller is on my list too!...however, LW is not!!!!

I went to Micheal Buble a couple years ago and to my suprise my wife and I were much older than most. THAT made me feel OLD

Dan, you are old, but that beats the hell out of the alternative :-}

I've been a Steamroller fan for many years--was listening to them when they were barely known. Chip Davis asked for suggestions for one of his new Christmas albums one year and on their next album, they included the song that I suggested. He sent me an advance tape of the new album, prior to the album release with a nice little note in it.

We aren't old--we just appreciate music that's a little more complex!! That's why I like much of the so called "new age" music. David Arkenstone is probably my all time favorite.

I'm feeling old today. Got a text from a very good high school friend, who was also my college roommate for 4 years. His oldest was accepted into our Alma Mater yesterday.

Jim, I hear you, it feels real weird when my son gets home from work and wants to have a beer with me, or a glass of wine with us at dinner...it just don't seem right to have a drink with my "little boy".

Just to quote Indiana Jones.... "It's not the years, it's the mileage".
John, isn't that the truth, in my younger, wilder days, I was a bouncer, I loved to "bump heads", now days I stub my toe and want to take a day off...LOL...lot's of rough mileage on this old body...LOL

It is also amazing that the older you get, the faster time seems to go by.

I also have had many of the "getting old" signposts this year..

3 of my nieces got married.
a niece and a nephew graduated college.
Had the announcement that the SECOND grandniece/grandnephew is on the way.

The worst was seeing a commercial with Brad Pitt saying that he was a member of AARP and... HE IS 5 YEARs YOUNGER THAN ME!

As they say in NJ... "That Rat Bastard!".

Back