WineXpert Favorite WE Pinot Grigio kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceeaton

slowly going nuts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback from anyone with experience with Wine Expert Pinot Grigio kits. I made a Chilean Juice bucket this past Spring and it is almost gone. Was very popular with friends and my wife.

The juice bucket when finished was very fruity and highly acidic. It had a wonderful in your face nose and flavor. I'm looking for something to occupy our taste buds this summer while we wait for our Spring batches to age for the fall/winter drinking season. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

I've made the WE Selection Pinot Grigio twice, and it's a very pleasant wine...likely not as fruity or acidic as you describe your juice bucket, though.

I'm actually sipping a glass as I type. The fruit I taste is pear and lemon peel. Maybe the slightest hint of green apple. Moderate acidity. Nice, clear, pale straw color.

I would recommend it. I made mine pretty much "by the book", with 3.5 months carboy bulk aging prior to bottling. Started at 1.092, finished at 0.994. Red Star Premier Cuvée yeast supplied in the kit.

I just altered a bulk aging PG per joeswine suggestion. Added grapefruit zest to carboy and going to let it marinate for a couple of weeks. The PG kit, although dry, did not have enough fruit forward flavor for the wife. I also added lime and orange fruit zests to a RJS new zealand sauvignon blanc that the wife said needed more fruit flavor. The better I get at tweaking, the more demanding the wife gets on finished product.

Please let us know where you got your juice bucket from as this sounds exactly what the wife wants.

Please let us know where you got your juice bucket from as this sounds exactly what the wife wants.

Harford Vineyard in Maryland. You could call or email and ask them who they source from in Chile and them maybe find someone a little closer to you that distributes the buckets/grapes. The one time I've used them my contact was Teresa, she is very nice and very knowledgeable. It's pickup only service so that would be quite the trip for you.

Harford Vineyard
1311 West Jarretsville Road
Forest Hill, Maryland 21050

Contact Information
Kevin & Teresa Mooney – Vineyard Owners
Roxanne Mooney – Sales
443-495-1699
[email protected]

Back