Favorite Fruit Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your favorite (non grape) fruit/s to make wine with?

• Total voters

tonyandkory

Reaction score
Just for fun....

What is every one's favorite non fruit for making wine.
I could only list 10 on the poll so this is what I chose.
If yours is not here Post it :D
1.Apple
2.Blackberry
3.Blueberry
4.Cherry
5.Peach
6.Pear
7.Pomegranate
8.Raspberry
9.Strawberry
10.Watermelon

EDIT: You can vote for more than one kind if a couple are tied

Last edited:
You should have added "other" to your poll.

Some of my favorite fruits are:

Concord/Cranberry
Blueberry/Pomergarnte
Elderberry/cherry
Concord/Cherry
Cantaloupe/mango/honeydew/peach

as the queen of fruit wines mentioned above, you can get a more enjoyable wine by blending fruits in the primary.

Elderberry is at the top for me, but I chose others. CherrY is reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy good too!

Blackberry + Sweet Cherry for me.. Went with Blackberry, as thats the favorite straight-flavor.. Peach is a close 2nd

as the queen of fruit wines mentioned above, you can get a more enjoyable wine by blending fruits in the primary.

HaHaHa, didn't think anyone remembered you guys dubbed me as that. Fruit blends are awesome especially if you have two favorite fruits, blend them and not you have a third.

Deezil blend the blackberry and cherry bet that is really good. I might have to do that!

Deezil blend the blackberry and cherry bet that is really good. I might have to do that!

It's my favorite-flavor, so far.. But i used sweet cherries, not tart cherries like most here fawn over... Probably some difference there, but i've been a fan of sweet cherries my whole life.. Might have something to do with it..

Concord/Cranberry
Blueberry/Pomergarnte
Elderberry/cherry
Concord/Cherry
Julie he did say non grape hehehehehehe

It's my favorite-flavor, so far.. But i used sweet cherries, not tart cherries like most here fawn over... Probably some difference there, but i've been a fan of sweet cherries my whole life.. Might have something to do with it..
It because they don't live where Royal Anns, Bings and Rainer Cherries grow like we do. If Rainer Cherries grew in PA, they would all be fawning over them
BTW Indian Springs cherries are usually ripe Memorial day weekend. They are growing Rainers and Bing now

Concord/Cranberry
Blueberry/Pomergarnte
Elderberry/cherry
Concord/Cherry

Well shoot you are right... but then I only had 10 spots to work with and I just put in the first ones that came to mind (non grape)

and Elderberry would have been a better selection that watermelon.

and obviously the other day I forgot how to spell cherry :)

Raspberry thus far is my favorite; but then I love using crabapples, boysenberry, blackberries, figs...if it is a fruit I am interested in fermenting it!!
But then you can even get into "non-fruit" wines: hibiscus, elderflower, rosehip, dandelion. A blend of hibiscus, elderflower and rosehip, which I call "HER wine" is ready to drink as soon as it is clear.

Raspberry thus far is my favorite; but then I love using crabapples, boysenberry, blackberries, figs...if it is a fruit I am interested in fermenting it!!
But then you can even get into "non-fruit" wines: hibiscus, elderflower, rosehip, dandelion. A blend of hibiscus, elderflower and rosehip, which I call "HER wine" is ready to drink as soon as it is clear.

saramc, I have a close friend that happens to be Jamaican. They make a drink that they call Sorrell from Hibiscus and Ginger. Typically they add white rum to it. It is a traditional Christmas beverage.
She gave me a bottle this winter and it was wonderful! I found a source for dried Hibiscus flowers and now have a Hibiscus - Ginger wine fermenting. This wine will be quite strong, about 16 percent but early tasting tells me I am going to like it! It is my first experience with Hibiscus.

hibiscus---such potential

saramc, I have a close friend that happens to be Jamaican. They make a drink that they call Sorrell from Hibiscus and Ginger. Typically they add white rum to it. It is a traditional Christmas beverage.
She gave me a bottle this winter and it was wonderful! I found a source for dried Hibiscus flowers and now have a Hibiscus - Ginger wine fermenting. This wine will be quite strong, about 16 percent but early tasting tells me I am going to like it! It is my first experience with Hibiscus.

I always have dried hibiscus in stock in my kitchen and drink it in hot tea, iced hibiscus tea, hibiscus ginger lemonade, orange hibiscus lemonade, etc. I am familiar with Sorrell--think I may research a recipe and make some for holiday gift giving (or keeping). But the hibiscus wine, so very good. (and hibiscus is good for you too!)

When I bottle my next batch of hibiscus wine I am considering adding a hibiscus flower to each bottle. BTW, hibiscus infused simple syrup is awesome for backsweetening.

Elderberry, black raspberry, blackberry, plum and currants are our favorites, and made with honey for melomels is even better, and then mixing them up is even better, how can you only come up with 10? Crackedcork

Latest posts

Back