Equipment needed for carbonation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am interested in carbonating some skeeter pee that I just started. I googled it and now I am totally confused. There is a ton of different equipment out there. What is the basic stuff I need to start and how would I do it?
Thanks in advance :)

You could naturally carb it in beer bottles, you could use a "Tap a Draft" set up or you could get a corny keg and CO2 tank with all the hoses. The tap a draft system is very nice and doesnt take up so much room in the fridge!

Wade, will the Tap A Draft force enough CO2 into the Pee? I too looked at the tap A Draft System but shy'd away from it for that unknown. It seems to me that the Tap A Draft will do very well to maintain and dispense an already carbonated beverage however for force carbonation I am unsure if you can get the pressure needed.

I am by know means an expert on this but this is what I would suggest.
5 Gal Ball lock corny keg
ball lock gas in and beverage out fittings with barbed fittings
picnic facuit
5lb CO2 tank
dual gauge regulator
1/4 hose from regulator to keg and from keg to facuit

I'm sure others will have some objections and I would love to hear them for myself.
I have not actually done this yet however am currently gathering the stuff to carb a batch of Pee myself

I want to carbonate the Brianna wine and the pee. Wife said last night she wants more Brianna juice this year. She doesn't share well with others.

Steve:

What is the Brianna?? Not familar with this juice???

Al

Brianna is a new strain of grapes from Iowa developed in the 90's. It was created for the cooler and shorter season territories. It's a white grape with a golden color kinda thick skin. It has a sweet excellent taste and aroma.

We picked this grape at Rob's last year. I'll bottle in a few months. I took the skins and made skeeter pee. It's great too. I also took a few bottles of the pee and champagne carbonated them. Unbelievable great taste.

We want to replicate that again and I want to try this with a corny keg this year. Justay have a winner on our hands.

Latest posts

Back