RJ Spagnols En Primeur Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainl

Reaction score
Just Started this kit last night. My local brew store had it in stock and I usually have to special order any kits above the basic level kits.

One thing that interested me is the difference is the dried grape skins vs the grape skins that come in the winery series super tuscan.

The OG was 1.110. Looking forward to this one in a year or two

This kit is one that sells well in my store. From the Old Mundello Vineyard in Australia Very delicious Shiraz. Excellent choice this kit really takes to a long bulk aging and become a very special wine in about a year.

You should really like this one. If it were me, I'd think about saving at least half of it; and giving it at least two years aging. My EP cab is now two years old and still not quite there, yet; of course that might just be me being overly particular.

If it is like some of the other EP's, it might have some tartaric crystal fall out, so you might consider cold stabilizing it.

Good luck and enjoy!

Excellent! I plan do bulk age for 1 year. I have a kegerator I could cold stabilize it in, so ill probably do that at some point too. How cold does it have to be to drop out the crystal. Or does colder equal faster.

Excellent! I plan do bulk age for 1 year. I have a kegerator I could cold stabilize it in, so ill probably do that at some point too. How cold does it have to be to drop out the crystal. Or does colder equal faster.

Different people have differing opinions about the temperature for C.S.
I like the lower 30'sF. I think the lower 40'sF will also work, just might take a tab bit longer.

Just don't let the wine freeze.

The closer you can get to 0C 32 F the better the drop out will be. Wine will freeze at -6 C (I am not sure what temperature that relates to in f) The drop out will happen irregardless though. The difference will be that if your wine is done at say 40 deg F. if you get colder than that the drop out will re-occur at the colder temperature so if you are not getting colder that 40 F you would be good to go.

Back