Educational Classes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below are two classes I thought some may be interested in if you live in the area. The first class for home winemakers is put on by Penn State Extension.

The second class by Penn State along with Cornell (class to be determined) will be geared towards wineries.

3)Home Winemaking Workshop: Improving the Quality of Homemade Wines
Wayne County Park Street Complex, Honesdale, PA
Saturday, April 5th (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM): Are you interested in learning how to make wine? Do you currently make wine at home and are looking to learn new techniques associated with winemaking? This workshop is for you! Advancing the Quality of Homemade Wines is a one-day workshop composed of lectures that will discuss improved sanitation practices for the home winemaker, breaking down important chemical analyses used for commercial winemaking, understanding the use of sulfur dioxide as a wine preservative and evaluating common wine defects. Registrants will walk away with a better understanding of wine science and get an opportunity to discover the aromas associated with wine defects. This workshop is focused towards home winemakers, amateur winemakers, and enthusiasts. For more details on this program, please visit: extension.psu.edu/courses/home-winemaking

4) Cornell/PSU Wine Workshop at CLEREL Station in Portland, NY
CLEREL Station, Portland, NY
Thursday, April 17th (Time TBA): The agenda for this annual workshop is still being finalized. Save the date, but stay tuned for more details to follow soon!

Do you know if there is a fee? I did not see one at extension.psu.edu/courses/home-winemaking.

As much as I am interested, sadly, I am too far away.

But it makes me wonder if any if the colleges with courses available for free online (such as M.I.T.) have anything similar offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

There are a lot of you tube videos out there that can help in certain areas. Also occasionally either I or someone else will post webinars when we see the available.

Latest posts

Back