Other Dry Rosé kit? ...or tweaking blush kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byathread

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of dry Rosés, but have never seen a dry rosé kit. Anyone ever tweak the ubiquitous White Zinfandel/Merlot or other "blush" kits to be dry? How did you like the results?

Cheers!

Vineco's Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot is rated as sugar code 0. I haven't opened one of these boxes since 2007 (when I last ran a store), and it did not have a sweetening pack (ie F-pack). I haven't tried it, but some of the customers seemed to like it.

Steve

I'd look for one that is intended to be off-dry or only a little sweet. The rather sweet kits might have an acidity level that won't work in a dry style wine.

Ken Ridge Classic White Merlot is rated as sugar code 0.

Read the description on their website and it sounds great! Also, Cheeky Monkey has a dry Syrah rosé. Unfortunately, the sole online retailer I found for KenRidge/Cheeky Monkey products in the US charges $120+ (not including shipping) for these 10L kit, while I can get most other brands 10L kits for 1/2 that price. :(

The rather sweet kits might have an acidity level that won't work in a dry style wine.

Excellent point and duly noted. Thanks for the tip!

WE VR Blush appears to be just slightly sweet (less so than their White Zinfandel), so maybe I'll get one to play around with one of these days.

Cheers.

Anybody ever try RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Zinfandel Blush? Its listed as a sugar code 0.

Latest posts

Back