Dropping in to say HI!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoyofWine

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been reading along for weeks now and you all have already been so helpful! :) I'm a newbie, but so far I've made:

Orchard Breezin' Cranberry Chianti, and Pear-licious.

Island Mist Exotic Fruits WZin which I managed to up the alcohol content on from reading along here. :h

A Grand Cru International Collection Muscat, that is only a month in the bottle. But so far tastes ok to me... ;)

I have a OB Raspberry WZin that should be ready to bottle in another week.

And I just started the WV German Muller Thurgau a few days ago. I'll prob have some questions on that one since the directions said to toss the Elder flowers in the must, and it didn't come with a neat & tidy tea baggie like the Muscat did. I'm worried that it is going to be a mess to rack...

Looking forward to getting to know you all! This is a pretty addictive hobby...That skittles wine you all have been talking about looks pretty tempting too! :h

~Joy

Go to a Home Depot or a paint store and buy a nylon paint straining bag. They come in one gallon and five gallon sizes. Sanitize the bag, then use it for your elder flowers. Afterward, you an throw the bag away or rinse it well, then sanitize and use again.

For a kit wine, the Muller T. will age well. I have tried some that was over 2 years old and had improved very nicely. Even if you can't wait that long, at least put a few bottles back for aging.

Latest posts

Back