WineXpert Dropped the whole thing!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
Finally started my Italian Brunello today. Been Busy, been sick.
Anyway, After I added the grape skins to the Mesh bag I had put in a large ceramic bowl I always use in my wine room.
I set the bag of skins in and it went to the bottom.
Everything is going well to this point.
I go to pour the remaining juice left in the bowl into my primary and it slipped out of my wet hands and the whole bowl went in :) what a goob :slp
It was all sterile thank goodness because I had socked it in Kmetta in the primary before I got started. I was freaking. All these things going through my head at once...Is it all sterile?, WTH?? You idiot :) had to go in for what looked like a surgical scrub to my elbows.
Quick spray of kmetta and got it out.
Now that is all over and things are good its funny but
Why is it when anything go's wrong in the wine room I stated having panic attacks, Sweat like a horse!
Anyone ever drop anything in their primary that wasn't meant to go in?? lol

Last edited:
My daughters pacifer (binky).
She was standing at the edge of the bucket on a stool, as I was stiring the batch.
And out came her binky and ploop in to the must, slobber and all!
I remember watching it as if in slow motion.

I had to clean my arm and go in after it, because I could not seem to grab it with a spoon.

I not tell anyone about that years wine being seasoned with baby drool!

:s

Tess, I started that kit last month and is now sitting in a 5gal carboy for aging a few months, I did taste it when I transferred it and it was really good to be such a young wine.
I also added 1 stick of heavy toast french oak, will taste in a couple months and see how the oak flavor is coming along.
I also added an extra 1/4 tsp of kmeta for bulk aging per instructions.

Thanks Geek. Thats good to know. Im sure I till enjoy this one. I love Brunello.
I will drop in some french oak spiral's for about 6 weeks but I will bottle it after that and let it age that way.
I just dont have the space to bulk age all my wine even if I wanted too. I will put all the bottles in a tub slap the lid on it. Slid it under my wine table where it stays a constant 68 degrees for a least a year before I open the first bottle

did you add the cube that came with it also?

yeah, let the cubes sit there for about a few days longer than the 8 days stated in the instructions and then removed them when I finally racked into the 5gal carboy.

She was standing at the edge of the bucket on a stool, as I was stiring the batch.

I had to clean my arm and go in after it, because I could not seem to grab it with a spoon.

:) :) How did the wine come out? Thats some good baby slobber notes!!

Thanks Geek. Thats good to know. Im sure I till enjoy this one. I love Brunello.
I will drop in some french oak spiral's for about 6 weeks but I will bottle it after that and let it age that way.
I just dont have the space to bulk age all my wine even if I wanted too. I will put all the bottles in a tub slap the lid on it. Slid it under my wine table where it stays a constant 68 degrees for a least a year before I open the first bottle

Correction! I said 68 degrees. Its stays 58 degrees

I wouldn't worry so much.

I remember the film "Red Sorghum". The hero was angry and he urinated in the heroine's wine vat (she was the owner of a winery in the old chinese countryside ).
They made up. then the later the foreman came charging in a few days later slaying -the wine turned out OK - it was the best wine ever!

Latest posts

Back