Dragon Blood: Triple Berry Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Kraffty B complex stinks.....Lori...just buy a small box of grape nuts...
I fed my 6 gallon of fig with it, and it worked like a charm.
I then made some blackberry port and used it again, and it worked
I would be leary of the b complex.

the tropical blend db goes with red fish.
I was going to post pics..I got new phone, when I went to hook to usb on computer it said i have to add that as an xtra service for tmobile..
PPPPPPPPPPP me off...
tethering is not free no more..assssssslllllllll

the tropical blend db goes with red fish.
I was going to post pics..I got new phone, when I went to hook to usb on computer it said i have to add that as an xtra service for tmobile..
PPPPPPPPPPP me off...
tethering is not free no more..assssssslllllllll

I call BULL on the bull then. :)
Really, I am impressed. Here the official bull Red run is the 2nd week of Sept. We are going out Sunday morning. I'm hoping to get something other than trout.

I used the B12 before I saw the comments. But while crushing it, it had no smell whatsoever so I'll hope for the best.

Oh, I thought of something else. the kit came with EC-118 but i used Montrachet instead. I wonder if that couldn't have played a part.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I also fermented my DB at the 70 to 72F range and it came out lovely so far very fruity! It's not in the bottle yet though. I have a silly question though I did my first racking almost a week ago and it was super clear before and after. I did the degassing and the potassium sorbate as per the instructions. I don't see a drop of any sediment on the bottom of the carboy still and it's crystal clear, am I ready to bottle it then? Or should I wait longer?

Lori I ordered my Energizer from Amazon as my local store didn't have this either. I'm intrigued by the Grape Nuts though. And Dave, I've always made mine with no brew belt. The way I see it I want all my wines fermenting as slow as possible as to pull as much flavor as I can out.

I use a brew belt to get it started and then once it's rolling I shut it off. Usually 24 hours is plenty.

Just made a 3 gal, man it is fizzing! Looks and smells gorgeous... just a couple of days in and it's at 1.025!

Yea, the comments about a cooler ferment were always out there, but the goal was always to make it quickly. Now that I am looking to refine (used loosely) the recipe a bit, I've been trying different techniques. A room temp ferment is definately a plus!

I'm getting me some Super Klear to speed up the clearing phase, and make up for the slightly longer ferment.

Oh, I thought of something else. the kit came with EC-118 but i used Montrachet instead. I wonder if that couldn't have played a part.

Watch out for that Montrachet. If you don't keep it fed well, you will have sulphur issues. Found out first hand.

Watch out for that Montrachet. If you don't keep it fed well, you will have sulphur issues. Found out first hand.

It's also been my experience (limited as it may be) that fermenting at cooler temps alleviates the sulfur smells from Montrachet, even without nutrient.

Last edited:
How's it going Laurie??

Whoops! I started updating this on the 15 day DB thread.
It is rockin and rollin. 72 hours and it has gone from 1.075 to 1.004. Crazy!

Here's what I posted;
I'm not sure if it was the banana, the vitamin B complex or the spring water. Maybe all three. Whichever, the must seems very happy without the yeast energizer. SG after 48 hrs, 1.047, temp 67.5º.
There is no taste of either the vitamin B or the banana.
The B-complex is from Swanson Vitamins online and has no taste or smell even if you let it dissolve in your mouth. Thats why I didn't hesitate to use it. They are a great source for vitamins, natural juice concentrates and organic spices. (no, I am not affiliated )

TB_10-21-13b.jpg

Last edited:
LoneStarLori said:
Whoops! I started updating this on the 15 day DB thread. It is rockin and rollin. 72 hours and it has gone from 1.075 to 1.004. Crazy! Here's what I posted; I'm not sure if it was the banana, the vitamin B complex or the spring water. Maybe all three. Whichever, the must seems very happy without the yeast energizer. SG after 48 hrs, 1.047, temp 67.5º. There is no taste of either the vitamin B or the banana. The B-complex is from Swanson Vitamins online and has no taste or smell even if you let it dissolve in your mouth. Thats why I didn't hesitate to use it. They are a great source for vitamins, natural juice concentrates and organic spices. (no, I am not affiliated )
Hey Lori interesting that you are fermenting so quickly at 67.5F that's good to know! I started mine at 70F and it stayed in the 70-72F range. You used EC-1118? I also used banana and raisins but no b-complex but did use then energizer because I read about the banana being a good sub afterwards. Don't have b-complex lying around anyway. I'm going to try a lower temp ferment next time but not sure how it would improve mine too much - it's awesome already!

Hey Lori interesting that you are fermenting so quickly at 67.5F that's good to know! I started mine at 70F and it stayed in the 70-72F range.

Oh no! I did not even notice I had a dyslexic attack. That is supposed to read 76.5º. I'll correct that photo.
I WISH my house stayed in the 60's. It's usually about 75-78 and thats with AC running constantly.

Yes, I used EC-118.

Oh that makes total sense then! My SG dropped exactly 10 points per day part from a day or 2 where it dropped a bit more. Again my temp was a bit lower :)

Racked the DB today and added superkleer. It always amazes me how fast that stuff clears wine. I came up pretty short of 6 gallons and I was out of 5 gal carboys, so I topped it off with some of my Black Currant wine. It should be a really pretty color when all is said and done.

Racked the DB today and added superkleer. It always amazes me how fast that stuff clears wine. I came up pretty short of 6 gallons and I was out of 5 gal carboys, so I topped it off with some of my Black Currant wine. It should be a really pretty color when all is said and done.

I always topped off with white so it doesn't hinder that beautiful color

Latest posts

Back