DOUBLE A VINEYARD

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you see rows in farm fields that are perfectly straight chances are the tractor had satellite steerig...it is awesome...a cup of coffee in one hand and a cell phone in the other...that's BIG TIME farming....all the big guys have that...not usin's.

Bert might be incharge of tractors like that.Edited by: Northern Winos

I get to set them up , but I don't get to play with them...There are some tractors on the farm that have been there 4 or 5 years that I have never driven in the field...

I do operate a tractor during sugar beet harvest..Just apicture of the inside of the tractor....GPS Auto Steer on the left...I don't use it, I can drive better than it can...
20070208_193408_Beet_Harvest_01.jpg

That looks like one big peice of equipment there Bert, looks more like the cockpit of a medium size plane.

Probably about the same price as a medium size plane also. No wonder the small farms are dying - nobody can afford the new equipment!

When I help out in the field I am happy to just have power steering, AC, a radio and a cushy fabric hydraulic air seat...

All I get to do now since we moved here is run the field cultivator and the packer and unload the grain truck....I use to do that plus run the silage chopper when we use to run yearling beef steers....I hated driving the silage truck...it wasn't safe for anyone...I couldn't reach the pedals...so had a 4X4 block of wood wired to the gas pedal, and 2X4's wired to the clutch and brake pedals..I had to go up to 5 miles down the country roads and hiway...ticked off all the way...then get stuck with the load on top of the silage pile...so convinced my husband I would rather run the tractor and silage chopper...I don't miss that job...We should all list.... 'The Worst Jobs I Ever Had'...I could confess to probably the worst jobs on the list.Edited by: Northern Winos

jobe05 said:
That looks like one big peice of equipment there Bert, looks more like the cockpit of a medium size plane.
I have a title for this picture that I came up with when I scrapbooked it. "This ain't your daddy's tractor."

PolishWineP said:
I have a title for this picture that I came up with when I scrapbooked it.  "This ain't your daddy's tractor." 

This IS my Daddy's tractor...they've come a long way..

PictureSmall.jpg

Back