Doctoral Student who wants to learn

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gannan

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all. I've just recently jumped into winemaking as part of a project for my doctoral program. We were charged with "learning something new". We were encouraged to pick something we knew nothing about, but always wanted to learn. Winemaking was an easy decision for me. I made my first batch form a kit, and was very pleased with the results. I'm looking to make some berry wine this summer from berries grown in our garden. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Hi Gannan, welcome to the forum. We have a lot of "country fruit wine makers" on the site so you should have lots of help. Sounds like an interesting project.

PM me your email address. I did an experimental project on wine making for my bachelors that you may be able to steal an idea or two from..

Welcome! I wish they told me to "learn something new" in my doctoral program. Mostly they just keep me chained to my lab bench doing assays one after another. :) Hoping to tie wine into a project with my current research before I finish my program. Maybe in another year or so.

gannan

:u GOOD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD THIS IS A GREAT SUBJECT WITH A WORLD FULL OF HISTORY BEHIND IT,I'VE JUST STARTED A THREAD ON WHEN GOOD WINES GONE BAD ,ON MAKING A KIT WINE WITH PICTORIALS,FOLLOW THAT IF YOU WOULD LIKE AND i KNOW FOR A FACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU NEED ANSWERING THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE HERE WHO WILL REPLY.:picCOULDN'T RESIST THE DOCTORAL THING:ftSORRY.

Thanks so much all! I would really like to do another kit soon. The only thing I didn't do right the first time was filter out all of the sediment. So the last glass of each bottle was not really drinkable. I also accidentally oxidized a bottle some how. I'm not sure how that happened. So help with my next kit would be most appreciated.

btw, I am going for my Doctor of Education degree in Learning Technologies. :b

What kind of berries do you have in your garden? I am big into fruit wines. Have made just about all there are. Currently have a raspberry, apple, strawberry, banana, and a strawberry/banana either in primaries or just into the secondary. I have over 400 bottles of fruit wine in my cellar. "Love the fruit" Amici are they all FULL!!!

Latest posts

Back