Do you see what's wrong with this picture?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyalc

Reaction score
And how do I fix this?

Resampled_2012-05-12_22-04-51_622.jpg

We were bottling an Argentia Ridge Merlot Kit this past weekend, with help from some friends, and after they left I noticed that 2 ... yes 2 corks ended up in 1 bottle!!

LMAO, I had a friend do this several months ago. No big deal. First remove the top cork. Next see if you have a cork remover that will reach the second one. If not then just push it all the way in and empty the bottle and rebottle the wine.

If you don't know how to remove a cork that has been pushed into the bottle do a search on you tube for removing cork from wine bottle with plastic bag. It's a great trick you repeat many times at parties.

Can I leave it until I am ready to open that bottle? When it is upright, there is still a little space between the wine and the lower cork!

I am thinking it might become a conversation piece at parties! LOL

Yes you can but you also need to have a talk with your cork person. Give him heck for inconsistancy. He has one cork in upright and the other upside down. LOL Just give you some more ammo to kid him with.

I won't mention it until the BBq party we are having in a few weeks! I will bring it out as a prop to my "story"! LOL

Back