Did I wreck it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormcoach

Junior
Reaction score
I started an apple wine. Used bottled juice and added enough sugar to get a gravity of 1.085. Let it ferment for 6 days. When I checked the SG after 6 days it was 0! Yikes.

So I racked into carboy and put airlock on. No bubbling or gassing. Did I wreck this batch?

I tasted it and it tastes okay. But I've never made wine before so I don't really know what it should taste like.

Sounds like all went well to me, relax. Wine is actually very forgiving and unless you didnt use proper sanitation or left italone for a few months all will almost go well. If the sg is stable for more then 3 days then its time to add sulfite and also sorbate if you plan on sweetening it. Remember you should always add sorbate only inthe presense of a decent sulfite.

I started making wine in April. My first 3 batches were from bottles wine juice. I used Old Orchard 100% apple juice. I used the Corte De Blanc yeast and my batches all fermented fast. I tasted them at racking and they were all dry!

I'll have back sweetening them. Is there a good method to back sweeten the wine without over sweetening?

I started an apple wine. Used bottled juice and added enough sugar to get a gravity of 1.085. Let it ferment for 6 days. When I checked the SG after 6 days it was 0! Yikes.

So I racked into carboy and put airlock on. No bubbling or gassing. Did I wreck this batch?

I tasted it and it tastes okay. But I've never made wine before so I don't really know what it should taste like.

Last edited:
Back