WineXpert Did I screw up this kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stutzcattle

Junior
Reaction score
Making liebfraumilch tonight and opened the kit removed the pouches and pulled the end out of the box and mixed it into the bentonite like it said. Except it wasn't the must it was the f pack. I didn't know what else to do so I mixed the must in with the rest and brought it to 23l.

Is this ruined?

Not likely ruined, but changed from the intended outcome. The f-pack would have been used to sweeten your finished product and add some additional flavor. Since the f-pack was added early, it'll ferment dry with the rest of the juice. You might be able to salvage the kit by sweetening with sugar after it has finished and you've added the sulfite and sorabate.

Some kit companies will recognize this as an "accident" and give you a new f-pack. I would contact the store where you bought the kit and see if this can be done, and in a timely fashion.

Some kit companies will recognize this as an "accident" and give you a new f-pack. I would contact the store where you bought the kit and see if this can be done, and in a timely fashion.
This is why I wanted to know which kit maker.Plus the more information we have to start the better we can help.

Wine Expert is a good reputable company. Call the 1-8oo number in the instructions. Explain what happened I will just bet they will send you a new F-Pack. The only thing that will be different is you will have a slightly higher Alcohol ABV. Good luck.

Wine Expert is a good reputable company. Call the 1-8oo number in the instructions. Explain what happened I will just bet they will send you a new F-Pack. The only thing that will be different is you will have a slightly higher Alcohol ABV. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I haven't made any whites yet and was in a hurry. Read the destructions all the way through before you start is the lesson of the day.

I always empty out the box before starting a kit. This allows me to be sure of the contents (eg there is no oak in this red kit, is that correct?).

Steve

When you call WE mention that someone on a forum suggested you call. Knowing you might report back may encourrage a positive response. But like already stated WE is a top company.

Talked to winexpert and the nice lady is sending us a complete replacement kit (no charge) and walked me through the steps to save the wine. Pretty good way to do business.

Latest posts

Back