Cellar Craft Degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22" max! I would not go over that. Most regulators on aspirator pumps have gauges that go beyond that but will max out right around 22" give or take a few "s.

22" max! I would not go over that. Most regulators on aspirator pumps have gauges that go beyond that but will max out right around 22" give or take a few "s.

Thanks ... I'm in the A/C field and have a 6cfm unit in the garage and I know what a 500 micron vacuum will do. It would actually boil off all the wine if it didn't implode the carboy.

Thanks ... I'm in the A/C field and have a 6cfm unit in the garage and I know what a 500 micron vacuum will do. It would actually boil off all the wine if it didn't implode the carboy.

I would make sure you have the carboy pretty full as well.

On the boil off I asked my wife (chemical engineer) about it and she told me that you would need a higher temp than most people keep their houses. (above 100) I am going to have her run it through one of her fancy programs and see if she can get me a graph.

By this video it looks like27 inches it started to boil

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxtAeGtL9SE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Latest posts

Back