DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see you on that page, Paul. Where you at? :c

Note to self...update wine list!

Dave: I am at post #524.

I have had problems with some other people's links. I think the problem is that the URL refers to a page number; however, some people's settings have different numbers of items per page than others, making this reference invalid. :c indeed!

heres what it says:

On Deck:
(Going to squeeze a batch of Dragon Blood in here.)
CC Showcase Yakima Valley Cabernet Shiraz
CC Showcase Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot
CC Showcase Argentinian Malbec
WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir (on pre-order)

Thanks James... It was because I was on the app on my phone... no signatures. Just one batch of DB?? LOL I'm looking forward to getting started on blackberry DB!

Who wouldn't!! I like good wines just the same as the next person but this stuff is tasty too and easy to make and the pro is that it does give us newbies without a lot of stock, to drink something while we wait for our other wines to age. And to be honest I love my big reds etc but on a hot and sweltering day, I can just picture having a cold DB in my hand as opposed to a heavy wine that will dehydrate me quickly! There are lots of pros to having DB on hand!

my sister gets hers cold and puts fruit in it...its good like that on a hot day..which you dont have many of.

Dave, I made a modification to the URL in my signature. Can you tell me if the second version of my link works?
Thanks!

Paul,
Both links take me to the same post #524, which starts:
Well, it is a modest start, but ya gotta start somewhere!

Bottled:
CC Sterling Merlot
WE Mezza Luna Red
CC Showcase Amarone
CC Showcase Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel

Bulk aging:
CC Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet
WE Selection International Argentine Malbec

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months now. Nothing important to really add, I just wanted to say that I've made a batch of Dragon Blood and my wife, friends, and family have all really enjoyed it. It's great stuff! Amazing how fast you can go through 23L of wine :)

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that you had a terrific DB experience. Now you'll have to go get some more carboys to keep a couple batches going at once. Experiment and try different flavors! If you need help, just ask!

Good luck!

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months now. Nothing important to really add, I just wanted to say that I've made a batch of Dragon Blood and my wife, friends, and family have all really enjoyed it. It's great stuff! Amazing how fast you can go through 23L of wine :)

Welcome to WMT!

Why not post in the Introductions forum so more of us can greet you?

Ok-- it seems like we must be the first. Just racked our original recipe DB. Used 6 pounds of fruit. Followed to the T.
Had about 1/2 gallon that didn't fit in carboy so we decided to play around.
We backsweetened to where we would like it but just not getting any flavor. Can tell there is alcohol .
We still have to clear and filter our carboy so is there anything we can do to bring out some fruity flavor ?
I want to start TD but am afraid. I think I should add more fruit than original recipe -- maybe?

Don't hate me!! :). Just some suggestions please.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Ckvchestnut did bring a point up to me. Dangerdave told her that the fruit flavors come out layer in the process and or when bottling.

Thanks wildvines!! That makes me feel better.

You could always tinker with it with adding more fruits in the bag and add it for flavor. I my self am a newbie and enjoy tweaking things. The members here are great and can give you a wealth of knowledge. You can stay on the path and you can always add more flavor if needed. But everyone loves the original DB

You could always tinker with it if need be. I my self am a newbie but enjoy tweaking things following guidelines of other members past experiences. You can add a fruit bag for flavors if needed. But seems like many love the original recipe for DB. So after completed you can work with what you tasted more fruit, more ABV or less etc

Yes that's what I heard the fruit flavor should come forward more once it's bottled and had time to meld! I personally use a touch more fruit. But I'm sure Dave will chime in here when he has a chance he's the expert after all in the original recipe!

Latest posts

Back