DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I'm sure I read that awhile back too... it'll come... I guess you could say I'm stuck in the hobbyist frame of mind... like I don't need fancy stuff I'm only a hobbyist... but I know it will make my life easier... lol

Oh how well I know that! Neighbors made me stop.

Roger

Maybe that explains all the accidents on our road. I have 10 acres along the highway. Here it must of been due to my mowing in a bikini! Guess I'll have to change (pun intended) and go with Jame's flip flop, trunks and wild shirt motive.

We hubbies like to be needed for some things. It feeds our ego!

Ya this is so true! DH started the whole thing years ago with his beer and cider making, it didn't really catch on with me right away however, 7 years ago I began planting fruit and grapes to make wine out of. Just the last few years is when my fruit production and wine making took off. When it did, I just ran with it, like zoom over his head... I could see this look on his face like what happened, she doesn't need me to make wine or beer or cider anymore?? I involve him as much as possible I think he likes that he's not the only one doing it now.

I'm going to have to change the name of this thread to the "Dragon Blood CHAT ROOM"!!! :ot:

;) I'm just foolin'! You guys and gals are great! What a wonderful place for like-minded individuals to hang out! :f

To be honest I do not have an all in one from Steve. I build one from scratch before i knew about his..
I have talked to Steve many times on different topics and have loved our conversations.
He like myself believes in customer service and selling the best product for the service at hand..
When my system quits..I will get one from steve.
There was a thread on someone adding a bottle filler to a floor corker.
Can not find it.

I'm going to have to change the name of this thread to the "Dragon Blood CHAT ROOM"!!! :ot:

;) I'm just foolin'! You guys and gals are great! What a wonderful place for like-minded individuals to hang out! :f

Posting do sometimes stray off topic, but ALWAYS an interesting read. I saw in here somewhere that DDB is meant to be a young wine. Is that just mean that it does not require a lot of aging, or that aging it will go bad if aged too much? And how long is too long? When buying wine I can't recall any going bad, but I didn't buy in 5-6 gallon batches either.

It is meant to be in a wine glass in less then a month.
It is best after it has aged 3 mos, but that is still a young wine.
The longest i have had any age was 9 mos...have not been able to keep any around longer then that...I goes pretty fast.

So I got my buon vino filter system out today first time ever using it cuz I normally make reds only. I was surprised at how sparkly it made my wine!

So I bottled up my dragon blood and used jswordy's tip of using milk to affix my labels and it worked great thanks jswordy! I labelled this batch berrylicious just to shake things up a bit! Cheers to Dangerdave for another batch of DB bottled!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1391301221.894498.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1391301250.749197.jpg

Hmmmm! Would like to know what you all think! I get an overwhelming flavor from some of the fruit when swallowing and sometimes when burping (excuse me). But I don't know what kind of fruit I'm tasting or experiencing. There is an overwhelming fruit flavor... Dark I think like blueberry or blackberry.

Does someone else detect this? What are your thoughts?

I should remind that I use quad berry- strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry (also bananas)

Flavoring is awesome though even at 16% abv

Last edited:
I found that with the quad berry I ended up with a lot more strawberry flavor, whereas the triple berry was more raspberry flavored.

Very impressive! Well done.

"jswordy's tip of using milk to affix my labels"... can you repeat the tip or give the link?

Thanks! It's in the post your labels here thread... He basically says to turn your paper labels over on top of so e newspaper and brush the backs with milk and align them onto your bottles and then roll the bottle on a towel on a flat surface. Once it was on I used the towel to press really well with my hands, then cleaned the bottles up with a clean damp cloth. I'll check for the link again.

Back