Dandelion Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea! Please post the labels Dave. Seeing the labels everyone makes here is one of the things I love most about this forum.

marigold wine huh? There was a time I would never have considered making wine from flowers, but now I'm anxious to try some. How about roses... I'm sure there must be a rose wine recipe out there. Anyone try that?

You know those red berries that grow on holly bushes? Can you make wine from them? I hate holly bushes (you can't kill them) and have two that bear the fruit flanking the ends of my house. Considering how much pruning they always need, I might as well get something back.

I don't think I would PeterZ. I have read before those berries are semi-poisonous. Here's a link to a description or two
http://www.gardenline.usask.ca/misc/holly.html

http://www.english-country-garden.com/trees/holly.htm

Maybe you could make a batch and give it to those pesky people that want it for a friend
smiley36.gif

I'ts on. Bound and determined to make five gallon batch of dandelion
this spring. It will be kinda cool tocompare notes with everybody and
now I'm totally into the whole idea. Getting ready to start a batch of
cherry chiante from canned concentrates, probably be the last batch til
the spring bounty gets here.

AR:

How many quarts/gallons of pedals would one need to make 6 gallons?

Wow............. and I was shooting for a gallon....
smiley24.gif

Jobe you could probably pick that many out of a yard not to far from my
house. I will take a picture for this forum this year as it is out of
control funny. I dont think this guy has a single blade of grass in his
yard. Solid Yellow and it actually looks pretty cool!

Does it look like AAAStinkies find last year?:

20070118_181040_2006-05-14_1208.jpg

Man...... And to think I use to use weed & Feed on my lawn, I get about a dozen in my yard. I'm going to have to look hard this year for some. If I made some last year, it would be almost drinkable now.

Back