Current 2013 Wine Projects

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro59

Junior
Reaction score
For my Fermenting Friends - a photo of my current wine projects in the Wine Room...back row, left to right: Chocolate Strawberry #1, Chocolate Strawberry #2, Watermelon Peach, Mango, Pineapple #2, Strawberry, Apple Jalapeno, Dandelion, Pineapple #1, and Paw Paw. Pineapple #1 and Paw Paw are both scheduled for bottling tomorrow...in all, you're looking at about 205 bottles of future table wine! I've got about 100 other wines bottled already...wow! I need a huge wine rack!

DSC05854.jpg

The lighter wine is Pineapple Wine, and the darker wine is Paw Paw Wine!

Pineapple - Just bottled 1 and 1/2 cases of homemade Pineapple Wine! This light bodied wine with medium acidity is crisp and refreshing on the palate. It has a light, sweet and tart taste, and it's filled with pleasant tropical tones presented throughout the finish - a crisp and delightful wine! I did well! Bottled in remembrance of the man who inspired me become a novice winemaker - my Dad!

Paw Paw - This beauty is homemade Paw Paw Wine...my own recipe that I started on 3/20/13. I used the Paw Paws that I harvested in October 2012, so the amber color can be attributed to oxidation of the frozen fruit puree - an interesting effect. With fresh fruit, it is a much lighter colored wine. I bottled 5 today.

The unique flavor of the fruit resembles a blend of various tropical flavors, including banana, pineapple, and mango. My personal recipe resulted in a higher alcoholic content (close to 20% ABV), which is notable after just two glasses! Is it really a wine? Technically, yes, but I tend to call it Paw Paw Hootch!

DSC05864.jpg

DSC05858.jpg

Jeffro59, very nice looking hootch. I know 1 glass and i'll be done, 2 glasses of 12-13% wine and I'm toast. Bakervinyard

Back