Cellar Craft Cru peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldenboymd

Junior
Reaction score
Look for some help or ideas. I have made this kit twice in the last four months both kits came out perfect. I bought another this weekend and stated it on Saturday. I did everything the same as the last two however I used different yeast. I used a yeast I bought on line for fruit wine. After two days the fermentation has stopped and the whole wine is cream colored and smells like alcohol and bread. Any idea what happened? I will post pictures and get the name of the yeast.

Any help would be great at this point I'm going to throw the whole thing away.

What was the yeast? And what basis did you use to determine it was better for fruit wine, I guess what I am asking is did you make this choice bases on the manufactures profile of the yeast, or is this one of those "A guy down the road said things.

To understand the possibilities of what could have happened and why more information is required. I would first check the Specific Gravity and determine what has gone on as far as a ferment. What temperature do you have the wine in? Try raising the temp to see if the ferment will not restart. if not give it a dose of yeast energizer. and wait a day or so, If that does not work go to the old standby workhorse Lalven EC-1118 and make a starter.

Yeast was Wyeast and it was for fruit wine I got it from Midwest supply. The juice was at 1085 when I started fermentation. I have the temp in the room at 74f I'm in florida with ac in my shed. I used energizer at the start. I will try your suggestions. Thank you

SG was at 990 and it has not worked in 3 days now. I think I should rack it. Thoughts.

After waiting 12 days and then racking and clearing the wine has cleared up to completely clear. Thanks for all the help

Back