cranberry cherry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizz65

Reaction score
OK, here we go. I was thinking of making a cranberry/cherry wine and was wondering should I make them together or should I make them separately and them mix them together?? The other question I have is with the recipes that make a gallon of wine with X amount fruit how would I figure out the ratio.
I was also wondering what yeast to use?
I have
2 pks. of Cote des Blancs-2
2 pks. of K1-V1116
1 pk. 71B-1122
1 pk. EC-1118

P.S. I am using the fruit juice that George sells.
Thanks in advance for all your help and questions to follow.
smiley1.gif

Since you do not have a tried and true recipe, I would make them separately and do some test blends of the finished products. You may well find a ratio that is delightful. If not, you will still have two wines that should be quite excellent. Cranberry is one of my favorites.

I agree with Smoke because you have to potential for 3 wines, one of each plus the blend. And I would lean towards the Cote Des Blancs or the 71B for both wines or the mix if you ferment them together.
VPC

When making a fruit blend you will have much more control by making seperate wines. Once ready you can blend to YOUR taste. Keep in mind you should backsweeten and make a f-pac.
I would use Cote des Blancs

tepe, and make a f-pack?? how would I do that?? I know how to back sweeten

Making an F-Pack is what some of us do after it is done fermenting and after stabilizing the wine with both meta and sorbate. What we do is take approx 1/3 the amount of fruit used to make the wine and add just enough after to a pot on a stove to simmer the fruit down to extract all its goodness and let it cool down, I usually add some sugar to this while its simmering like approx a 1 lb for a 6 gallon batch of wine. Once its cool we remove a sample of wine and record the amount taken(use an amount that is easily calculated by the amount of wine you plan on doing this to. Then we add a recorded amount to this dry wine until we are happy with the result and multiply this added amount by whats left in your carboy and add this amount to it all. It really peps up the flavor which is typically lost during fermentation and sweetens the wine also.

Wade

I could not have said it any better.

So Wade, I am going to put into the carboy tonight, should I freeze the fruit till I am ready to do the f-pack or do the f-pack and just keep that juice till I am ready for it??

Latest posts

Back