Cran-apple wine????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben485

Junior
Reaction score
So, Ive found 100% pure apple juice w/o anything add, but i am having a hard time finding 100% cranberry juice. Would it be ok to use that ocean spray 100% jucie cranberry w/ apple and grape juice? or do i need to find 100% cran?:a1

As long as it is 100% juice and no sorbate, yes you can use that. Did you try the freezer section for frozen cranberry juice? I beleive Old Orchard has cranberry frozen concentrate.

I would check Whole Foods or any other store that caters to the health food/organic market. I've seen pure cranberry numerous times here.

I have never found 100% cranberry juice but I have used Old Orchards cranberry blend. Tastes great. It is 100% juice, not sugar water.

As long as it is 100% juice and no sorbate, yes you can use that. Did you try the freezer section for frozen cranberry juice? I beleive Old Orchard has cranberry frozen concentrate.

Read the label on the can, its 100% juice, but a lot of it is apple. I made quite a bit of wine from Old Orchard frozen concentrate last year, but I believe all of it is blended. Still makes good drinkable wine though. I think even Welchs is adding apple juice to their concord grape concentrate.
Loren

:fshForgot to mention it. I usually make a batch of cranberry each year using Vintners Harvest concentrate, I make a 4 gallon batch instead of the five gallon. The receipe is on the can for both 3 and 5 gallons. Its a big hit at our fish fries. Loren

Latest posts

Back