Craigslist Bottle Score!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCreek

Reaction score
A few days ago I posted a Wanted ad on Craigslist for any used wine bottles. I didn't really think I would get a response so I kinda forgot about it but thought it was worth the few minutes of effort. I got an email yesterday from someone who said they had a bunch of bottles I could have if I was willing to meet them in town this morning. Of course, I agreed. Well, a "bunch" turned out to be 70 bottles with 29 of them being 1.5L size. The lady i met said she had started saving and finding bottles for crafting but never got around to using them. She was actually happy to have helped me out and for finding a new home for her bottles. Gotta love the generosity of others!

Great story, David. One good turn deserves another. Sounds to me like you owe her a couple bottles full. Hope you got her email or phone number.

Good score. Do be careful when and where you agree to meet someone.

Awesome! I agree if you have her contact info, a few bottles of wine would be a great gesture, and possibly keep her looking for bottles for you!

Yes. I do have her Email and I did promise a few bottles back. Cleaned, sanitized, filled, corked and labeled of course.

Latest posts

Back