covid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For $10 or $15 you can get a blood oxygen meter off of Amazon...the little thing that clips onto the end of your finger tip. If you're below about ~97%, something's off. If you're in the 80's you need to get yourself to a hospital. Lost an unvaccinated high school friend before Christmas. He waited too long at home, trying to tough it out. Was put in a ventilator as soon as he (finally) took himself to the hospital. Spent a month on the vent and passed just before Christmas. Left a couple kids and a wife behind. He was only 47.

@JeremyK Sorry for your loss.
It seems odd to me that early treatment is not being discussed by our health agencies, a doctor should be able to prescribe something immediately, it doesn't seem right to wait until you can't breathe.

Last edited:
@JeremyK Sorry for your loss.
It seems odd to me that early treatment is not being discussed by our health agencies, a doctor should be able to prescribe something immediately, it doesn't seem right to wait until you can't breathe.

The news pills are in short supply and monoclonal antibodies are ineffective against omicron variant. Vaccination remains the primary way to combat the disease's symptoms. Of course, ya gotta do that before ya get sick.

I've been in bed for almost 2 an 1/2 weeks, but when my brother took dada and they hospitalized him, i had to go to shut up my brother.
when he got something to eat, and i ordered 2 large sweet teas, light on ice, i thought he was going to have a heart attack, i don't eat out much,
i eat farm fresh, but once in a blue moon, i do,,,, even though,,, i know process foods are bad for you, i did not tell him that i had not eat or drink in 3 days, man was that tea good, dad was took when he first showed signs of being sick, but i had kept mine secret. i stayed home and self guerdoned, not smart, but i thought i could handle it, i knew God could, so i just waited it out. my lungs are not bleeding as much as they were,
Dawg
Get well soon 😊

Not joking at all, Wikipedia is not a reliable source for these type of issues, the doctors involved were highly regarded in their field until covid hit and they suggested potential treatments, then they were quickly discredited. I was just pointing out that there is information about how the disease progresses and indicates that the best chance for treatment at home is in the first 3 to 5 days. The paper speaks for itself, there's plenty of peer reviewed published data, meta analysis etc., but I'm not qualified to discuss further. I'm vaxed but that isn't always enough, I would still like to have treatment sitting on the shelf. I know people generally have good intentions, but these are unusual times, I haven't seen this much fighting before, even family members are fighting.

Not joking at all, Wikipedia is not a reliable source for these type of issues, the doctors involved were highly regarded in their field until covid hit and they suggested potential treatments, then they were quickly discredited. I was just pointing out that there is information about how the disease progresses and indicates that the best chance for treatment at home is in the first 3 to 5 days. The paper speaks for itself, there's plenty of peer reviewed published data, meta analysis etc., but I'm not qualified to discuss further. I'm vaxed but that isn't always enough, I would still like to have treatment sitting on the shelf. I know people generally have good intentions, but these are unusual times, I haven't seen this much fighting before, even family members are fighting.

Well, I work with ***real*** scientists and write about science every day of my professional life, which is why I have a sore spot when it comes to the ducks (quack, quack, quack). But please... Enjoy, man! Enjoy! :)

242356561_381424640297580_6166786072562544134_n.jpg

i have a oxygen generator . a aspirator, and, all kinds of medical stuff, i am over the hump, blood slowing way down in my lungs, still a little sky when i stand, but feeling much better, had, had muderma shot 1 and shot 2,,, a few months back, not for, not against, but my improvement has been good, i greatly appreciate all,
Thank You
Richard AKA, Dawg

Wikipedia isn't reliable anymore, period.
There have been numerous studies worldwide (at least 67) that show alternate treatments work.
I feel bad for everyone that gets sick and my prayers go out to them. But I think anything else about covid is borderline political so I won't say any more except do the research and avoid MSM.

Wikipedia isn't reliable anymore, period.
There have been numerous studies worldwide (at least 67) that show alternate treatments work.
I feel bad for everyone that gets sick and my prayers go out to them. But I think anything else about covid is borderline political so I won't say any more except do the research and avoid MSM.

Some disreputable, very small studies that have no controls, so I use "study" very, very loosely. I've seen them. If not all then almost all are in vitro, which is quite different than in corpore. I can kill cancer cells in a lab by pouring gasoline over them. So, I guess that means gasoline works and we all should inject it for cancer. We also have to define "work." If a small number of patients in a small case study with no controls and no repetition do manage to get better, does that mean the treatment "works"? Absolutely not.

And I'm not being political at all. It was MADE political so that a profit could be made, but it is actually a serious public health issue, when millions of people trust quacks instead of bonafide experts. "Wikipedia isn't reliable," lol. Here are some of the "experts" you all trust. Like I say, be my guest. Enjoy!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-about-the-shadowy-world-of-covid-telemedicin

Last edited:
i have a oxygen generator . a aspirator, and, all kinds of medical stuff, i am over the hump, blood slowing way down in my lungs, still a little sky when i stand, but feeling much better, had, had muderma shot 1 and shot 2,,, a few months back, not for, not against, but my improvement has been good, i greatly appreciate all,
Thank You
Richard AKA, Dawg

That is great to hear, @hounddawg. I hope your Dad is responding to treatment, too. Don't be trying to get out there and do a lot of chores too early, my friends who have had it tell me. You'll think you're over it but it won't be done yet. So slow and steady, man.

Thank You
Richard AKA, Dawg
Glad to hear you are coming out of it. Been thinking about you. Take it easy and get over it. Arne.

Hey @hounddawg

You need to start drinking one glass (you get to decide the size) of Dry Red Grape wine every day. Just to keep this stuff away from you. That's what my wife and I have been doing, haven't been sick in over 6 years. Glad to hear you and your dad are on the mend. Hoping to get down your way sometime this year and visit with you a bit.

Latest posts

Back