covid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hounddawg, sounds likes things are going in a positive direction. How is your dad?
his covid is better, the reason for all this covid testing started, dad had fell hurting his back last week,,,,,, in 1980 him and i was in a major wreck, his back was broke, and his spinal cord was torn half way through in 3 places, now his main problem is acute back pain, at 89 this is overly ruff on him,
of course i can't visit him,, beings I'm still in quarantine ,, thank you and all the rest for asking about dad,
Richard

Last edited:
For $10 or $15 you can get a blood oxygen meter off of Amazon...the little thing that clips onto the end of your finger tip. If you're below about ~97%, something's off. If you're in the 80's you need to get yourself to a hospital. Lost an unvaccinated high school friend before Christmas. He waited too long at home, trying to tough it out. Was put in a ventilator as soon as he (finally) took himself to the hospital. Spent a month on the vent and passed just before Christmas. Left a couple kids and a wife behind. He was only 47.
😞 so sad isn’t it

Folks -- take the "discussion" of COVID elsewhere before this thread is locked. WMT is a friendly place, but when stuff like this is argued, it's no longer friendly. When I want to watch useless arguments, I spend more time on Facebook.

Just don't look at this thread.

Just an FYI especially for new users who may not have read the rules for member conduct for this site.

These are just a few of the things that can get you booted off the island:

• Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
  • soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
  • providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence
  • soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
  • posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
  • transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member
  • impersonating any person or entity;
  • posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without prior written authorization from the Company;
  • infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
  • posting any defamatory or otherwise false information;
Full Terms of Use:

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/tos/

"You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather."
– Pema Chodron

Just don't look at this thread.
No.

I skip some threads because the topic doesn't interest me, or it's gone on long enough and nothing new or worthwhile (to me) is being said.

This thread regards one of our members who is seriously ill, with a disease that is the hottest political topic around the world. I avoid the flame wars on all topics on other social media, between faceless people banging on keyboards, as it's totally pointless and a complete waste of time. I will not leave this thread because of ill behavior.

You come across as a decent person and are well regarded, at least by me. Let's put this tangent behind us and focus on the original purpose.

I apologize to this entire forum, I had no intention of causing strife among us, I greatly care for this forum,, for a outdoorsman like me, being alone is easy enough, but with health and age, well I have found solace interacting with this group, not only do I not want banned, I want no others banned as well. this forum is a gold mine, both for knowledge, and on the general chit-chat thread, the founders, not only set the bar for all wines, but gave us a thread for anything but wine, and they are slick, NO POLLITIC's and no SHINE talk,
i appreciate having a place to learn, vent (lol ) lord knows their are those on here i have offended, to my shame, and those whom have forgiven me,
i am now clear of Covid, and now i am in the quarantine stage, i am very strict on never entering my wine room when sick, lol I'm praying all my airlocks are good,
Richard

I apologize to this entire forum, I had no intention of causing strife among us, I greatly care for this forum,, for a outdoorsman like me, being alone is easy enough, but with health and age, well I have found solace interacting with this group, not only do I not want banned, I want no others banned as well. this forum is a gold mine, both for knowledge, and on the general chit-chat thread, the founders, not only set the bar for all wines, but gave us a thread for anything but wine, and they are slick, NO POLLITIC's and no SHINE talk,
i appreciate having a place to learn, vent (lol ) lord knows their are those on here i have offended, to my shame, and those whom have forgiven me,
i am now clear of Covid, and now i am in the quarantine stage, i am very strict on never entering my wine room when sick, lol I'm praying all my airlocks are good,
Richard
No need to apologize.
*I* certainly need to apologize! I'M SORRY!! Case closed.
I'm here for the wine, shared knowledge, and camaraderie. I've said it in many posts - I'm so glad I found this site.

So glad you're feeling better!

Oh, if I'm sick the wine room might be one of the FIRST places I go. 😂

Richard

Glad you're feeling better 'Dawg!!!!!!

No.

I skip some threads because the topic doesn't interest me, or it's gone on long enough and nothing new or worthwhile (to me) is being said.

This thread regards one of our members who is seriously ill, with a disease that is the hottest political topic around the world. I avoid the flame wars on all topics on other social media, between faceless people banging on keyboards, as it's totally pointless and a complete waste of time. I will not leave this thread because of ill behavior.

You come across as a decent person and are well regarded, at least by me. Let's put this tangent behind us and focus on the original purpose.

There's a saying where I live, "Ya don't want dogs around, don't set out no red meat." I'll stand my ground, all right. Every time. Nuff said. I consider the matter closed.

Latest posts

Back