Counting calories...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have a table of average calories for a glass of wine?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Actually it varies widely depending on the wine you are drinking. A 4 oz pour could be anywhere form 80 cal up to over 200 cal depending on the sweetness.

Last edited:
I agree it really varies on sweetness. My wife and I have counted calories for years and I think the general though is about 200 calories for an 8 ounce glass (per the LoseIt! app). Best of luck! It is tough but will pay off in the long run.

Yes, I've been religiously counting my calories for almost 4 weeks now. I'm down 10 pounds.

More power and support to you Greg..

I gave up all alcohol for lent (49 days),
I gave up smoking for years at a time,
But that was NOTHING compared to dieting!

Food is such a tough give up!

All positive thoughts heading your way!

johnT.:try

Yes, I've been religiously counting my calories for almost 4 weeks now. I'm down 10 pounds.

Greg. If you have a smart phone try the "my fitness pal" app. It makes counting calories a snap. I lost almost 50#'s with it. Now I am back to my old ways and have gained most of what I lost. But the app helped me a lot

Thanks Calvin. I do use MyFitnessPal. It works great. Actually I've been off and on using it for a couple of years but not consistent. So, I've just been going up and down and up and down a bit. Over the years I've bounced a lot more than that, so I know where you are coming from when you say you've put the weight back on. I have been active since 2005 (marathon running) but the last couple years that has slipped too. Even active, I am on the heavy side and overweight by 50+ pounds.

Since last fall I have been trying to get the running back in and was doing well. But now I am struggling with a herniated disc for the last 5-6 weeks. Which has only served to focus my efforts on losing weight. I'm slowly crawling my way back to health.

John, I did not give up alcohol, but I did also quit smoking cold turkey. That was tough. But I've been smoke free since 1995.

Best if luck! I myself have lost 85 lbs and kept it off. It is all about portion control. I will warn you that it is not easy to fit alcohol into your daily calorie allotment. Please let me know if you have any questions!!!

Making wine in South Texas since March 2014

Cibolo Creek Cellars

Follow us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/cibolocreekfarms

Latest posts

Back