Cooking in the Wilderness

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, read my post, I said that was 30 some years ago!!

But you have to remember, we have a very limited road system, so being on the edge of the wilderness goes without saying.

I have high speed wireless internet. I have an antenna on the side of my cabin. I do not have a land line phone or indoor plumbing. I have a forced air furnace in this little place.

There is only one place to get brew supplies, and the are willing to match any prices thast can be found online, at least they do for me.

We have a couple of Safeways and a couple of Fred Meyer for groceries. Fred Meyer is owned by Kroger. I think you have them back there.

I sell seafood at one of the Freds here.

I live with three cats and am engaged to a member I met right here in this forum, if things work out alot of my current circumstances may change. But, I will never be far from the wilderness,hell, I live in the middle of it! LOL

Cabin fever is a state of mind. It takes a certain attitude to keep from loosing your frickin mind. I have never had that feeling. I was a commercial fisherman for several years and never even got seasick (felt pretty bad a couple times, but never lost my lunch). Definitely had the "buh-jeeze-us" scared out of me a couple times, but thats a whole different story. LOL. Guess it just depends who you are and how you are able to deal with the circumstances around you.

And, next time you freak out at the price of Alaska King Crab, I want you to remember Americas Deadliest Catch. Been there, done that. Thats what you pay. I hear all day long about people bitching about the price of King Crab. Kiss my claw! Crab fisherman risk their life every single minute out there, and for those of you who want it cheap...kiss our claws!!! LMFAO!

Last edited:
Sid,

I am a big fan of the show. I also know a guy that used to live up there. He seems to have done it all. he started by working on the pipeline, and was also a crab and shrimp fisherman (before all of fancy equipment). Get a couple of beers in him and MAN, the stories he tells!.

Thanks for your response. I find that way of life very interesting.

One piece of advise.. If you plan on having a wife, plan on installing indoor plumbing. (I once ended up on my back, in a crawlspace, sweating pipe at 2am to avoid have my wife "go home to mama").

Latest posts

Back