Concentrating ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I played around with "concentrating" some wine. I put a gallon in the freezer. After it was pretty slushy, I put in in a screen which was in a SS bucket. I swung it around (think centrifuge). At the time, I did it several times. I'm thinking about doing it again as I have a lot better quality wine.

If you just freeze some and let it thaw naturally, you'll get some concentrated wine plus some mostly plain ice. Drain off the wine, it's easier, and no risk of a hernia. :D It could be useful if you're making a Port style wine.?
It's illegal in the UK, but they have to catch you first. :r

And in the US per Federal Laws, but allowed in some states. No discussion allowed on this forum. NUFF SAID!!!
@cmason1957 Can you point to the rule? The one against anything illegal I suppose, but if the members discussing it were both in countries where it's legal...

Now, you do realize that I'm jazzing you more than anything, as there are plenty of forums that deal specifically with said technique and we probably don't need to add to that.

Before we go, I can remember when you could make wine at home, but to make beer in the UK you had to have a licence.:slp

PS. It's not concentrating, it's concentration I have trouble with now. Or vice-versa.

Well yes, I know all of that. ATF hasn't been busting moonshiners for nothing the last 100 years. Still doesn't make it illegal to talk about it. Atomic weapons are, generally, illegal to build but I can still discuss a krytron with someone.

Sorry. Our house our rules. We do not allow discussion of any form of distillation or concentrating on the forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back