Coffee Stout

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the final numbers. It is very smooth and according to him can really sneak up on you. The coffee flavor & aroma are terrific, there is no question coffee is in the beer. A coffee lovers dream and when he hooked it up to the Guinness Tap - OMG!!
VC

BTW - did you do anything to sanitize the beans before you added them to the secondary?

Brewgrrrl said:
BTW - did you do anything to sanitize the beans before you added them to the secondary?

No, he just dumped them in the bucket.

wade said:
Do you have nitrogen for the Guiness tap?

Yes, sort of! Actually its called a Guinness gas mix - and no I don't know the mix exactly just what hubby told me when he came home with yet another tank.
And I knew the answer without asking!!! We also use nitrogen to top off the wine we've kegged.
VC

Guiness gas is 80% nitrogen and 20% co2. Makes for a nice creamy head on any black stout!

Dean said:
Guiness gas is 80% nitrogen and 20% co2. Makes for a nice creamy head on any black stout!

Yeah that's the mix and it gives this one a coffee milkshake feel!

Hey!!! Wait a minute....all in the keg.....How the %^$# are you going to be able ta send me a bottle....HEeeeeeehahahaahaa...I love the recipe...nice and simple..a lot simpler than my oatmel coffee chocolate stout.

Pete

Paubin, I'm brewing a chocolate oatmeal coffee stout this weekend. I'm glad to hear that someone else does it too. When I mention it, people look at me like I'm crazy and say that the beer will be to "busy". It's not, it's delicious! I guess that is why homebrewing is so wonderful, because I brew for me and I don't have to worry what others think. But man, are they missing out! This stout is amazing. I shoot for a final SG of 1.020 so it truly is a milkshake in the end. Dessert (or Breakfast) in a glass
smiley20.gif

Back