Clementine wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlars72

Junior
Reaction score
I recently tried to make a batch of clementine wine and the taste is not that pleasant. I have thought about putting in some non-pulp orange juice to try to make the taste a little more orangey. I have already killed off all of the yeast so the fermentation is done. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to save the wine?

You could perhaps add some OJ .. or add some orange peel (not the pith, just the peel) or blend the wine with some wine made from oranges

I recently tried to make a batch of clementine wine and the taste is not that pleasant. I have thought about putting in some non-pulp orange juice to try to make the taste a little more orangey. I have already killed off all of the yeast so the fermentation is done. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to save the wine?

Have you backsweetened it with sugar? If not, do so and it will make a world of difference. I haven't found too many fruit-type wines that taste that pleasant when dry.

Yes I have tried back-sweetening it. I had made a raspberry wine last fall and yes sweetening it made a world of difference. Unfortunately with this one it made it taste slightly better but that's it.

Gotcha. I'll pick up some potassium sorbate and add it before I add orange juice. Should I let it sit a couple days before I add the juice or is an hour or two alright?

Latest posts

Back