cleaning tip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabrictodyefor

Reaction score
I had some particles of pear in the lower part of my air lock (cause the must bubbled a little more than I thought it was going to!). I had it soaking, but still had those tiny specks...so I got my cake decorating tip brush, and it slid right in there and cleaned it up! I know, not everyone will have one of these brushes laying around, but anywhere they sell cake decorating supplies, ie, Wal Mart, JoAnns, etc will have this handy tiny brush!

I had some particles of pear in the lower part of my air lock (cause the must bubbled a little more than I thought it was going to!). I had it soaking, but still had those tiny specks...so I got my cake decorating tip brush, and it slid right in there and cleaned it up! I know, not everyone will have one of these brushes laying around, but anywhere they sell cake decorating supplies, ie, Wal Mart, JoAnns, etc will have this handy tiny brush!

Was that the "S" type lock? I now only use them for wine that is nearly done fermenting. For that reason. That little patch of gray down in the bottom is not good. The other locks I clean with pipe cleaners.

Latest posts

Back