Chocolate Cherry Espresso Port project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I syphoned out another 16oz and added 16 oz brandy. So 26oz brandy total to 359oz must. I think this has got my abv to 16%. I like it. I put some sulfite on it and stored away. Think if at next racking I do a tasting and want to up it with more brandy that would hurt anything ?

Cheers

Racked this and my Cherry country fruit last night. Country fruit was ok a bit bland but dry and cherry like. Added 1 1/2 tsps wine tannin to both the port and country fruit. The port was a bit blah. Not much cherry not dry. Chocolate is their but kinda yuck lol. Racked onto another 35 0z brandy. Didn't taste after this mix will let it sit a month or so before pulling out again.

Bottled this up today. It turned out pretty good somehow. I'll try to let them sit in bottles for as long as possible but needed the carboy space. Chocolate calmed down and lost the bitter bite last time I tasted it. Really good. Perfect actually. Cherry has come through a bit more and it's not overwhelming brandy. I like it.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back