Chadwick Bay Tropical Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertwind56

Reaction score
Been a while!

I got a few things bottled :ib over the past few weeks, and now I have room to start some new wine! YAY! Started some apple wine yesterday. Yum. (And bought a beer kit over the weekend :b)

A few months back hubby and I bought some "Chadwick Bay Tropical Blend" fruit juice at Costco. I looked for some info on using this specific juice for making wine, but haven't found anything.

Has anyone tried making wine with this particular product? Here is the ingredient label and link (I hope):

TropBlnd-32oz-U7439011982.jpg

http://www.chadwickbay.com/products/juices.aspx

I'm wondering what yeast to used (I have Cotes de Blancs, Pasteur Champagne, EC-1118, 71B-1122 & D$&). Mostly I use Cotes de Blanc, but I'm not sure with this blend quite what to use.

Any advice would be appreciated!

It should ferment great :)

I don't know much about your other yeasts, but I know the EC-1118 is a good one.

I made a gallon of wine with 2 cans of Doles tropical fruit and I am told it is good.

I mostly use Lalvin 71B 1122 with fruiit wine.

Made 15 gallons of elderberry last years with 71B 1122 and it went fast. People tell me it is the best wine they ever had.

Got me, I never learned to drink other than a beer every couple months in hot weather.

:u
I started this back in December.
I added sugar for an S.G. of 1.070. The acid in the juice blend was pretty high (like 1%+). I ended up using EC-1118 yeast. I was really concerned about the high acid content (pineapple is the first ingredient on the list) , but it fermented fine.

It's been racked and sweetened for a few months now and ready to bottle.

This will be really tasty chilled for hot summer days!:dg

Latest posts

Back