Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Marsanne Viognier Raissane - 2011 Limited Edition Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmulligan

Reaction score
A year ago I found one of the last boxes of this kit after some calling around. Apparently it had been a small run and there wasn't the standard amount of kits to be had. Anyhow I felt lucky.

And lazy.

I finally got around to opening it in September and found that it was missing everything but the labels. Needless to say I was worried as how could I get the right F-Pack for this kit so late? Anyhow it turns out that it had no f-pack. The LHBS set me up with everything I needed. However at this point it was too late as I switched gears and made a different kit and both of my primary buckets were in use.

Fast forward to April when I finally had time to spend on it again. I noticed that the LHBS included a liquid oak pack along with the normal variety of chemicals. Did the CC MVR kit come with oak or oak flavoured liquid?

Thanks,
David

No, no oak, no nothing besides 18L of juice, yeast, fining and stabilizing agents. Mine is right at 7 mo old now and just starting to hit its stride. Its going to be awesome.

Last edited:
That sounds great! I will certainly forego the oak flavor pack then. I am very excited about this one.

D

I found one of these kits online and ordered back in March 2012. It's been bulk aging since 4/18 in the carboys with the sediment from adding the fining agents because I didn't have enough bottles. As of yesterday I now have enough bottles; but still have to clean some.

I am not normally a white wine drinker. I tasted this yesterday and it was okay; not leading me to think it would be great so I am glad to hear the above feedback with aging.

My kit came with the juice, labels, fining agents, and yeast. I deviated from the yeast and I added 1/2 c. oak during a brief primary ferm and took out at first rack. I like oak and I had done some reserach on very similar style/blend of wines and the wineries has used oak and some didn't. Just a touch.

Latest posts

Back