Cellar Craft CC California Reserve Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tepe said:
v1rotate said:
tepe said:
You need to get more carboys NOW ! ! !</font>
Could you tell my wife, please?

Dear Mrs. v1rotate,</font>
Please let Mr v1rotate get more carboys. You will have much more wine to drink And, HE said he would help you drink it .</font>

OK, Tepe, partial success. I saw an ad on Craigs list yesterday. "Moving, must sell all wine equip..." So I got permission and picked up 2 carboys (hey, it's a start, 5 total now) a 10 gallon ferment bucket, 3 metal wineracks, some 8 year old corks (trashed them), 30 shrink caps, 2 floating thermometers, 1 hydrometer, carboy scrub brush and some #2 filters. The ferment bucket is very timely since I have 3 CC Showcase kits waiting to go. Seller was asking $100 but took $60. Sweet!
smiley17.gif

Now all you need to do is get more kits OR start making fresh fruit wine since its coming into season.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

this is just a quick question ...
Last night I started a CC 16L 6week kit, WHITE Merlot. I've not made a white before. The question...
It doesn't come with oak and you'all were talking about adding oak to the reg merlot. Could oak be added to a white?? Has anyone done that??? Do you think that would add to the taste of the white or is that a bad thing to do??
Thanks, TinaLouise

You can add oak to anything. Should you - only if you want. Generally this wine is somewhat of a quick summer type wine. Light and refreshing. Does not answer your question, I would not add oak on this one and I usually add oak to everything.
VPC

Latest posts

Back