Carboy Tags

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking wines, Gina. There's a few there that I'd rack soon.

Thanks Boatboy!

That's the plan, I was gonna rack all of them (but the apple/passion/mango because it's not clearing quickly at all) as soon as the peach finished settling out the Sparkolloid "fluff". The peach is almost settled, perhaps maybe a centimeter of non-compressed "fluff"

Can you believe I got ALL 5 of those carboys and the carboy handlers for just $60! Finally graduated from plastic to glass, and FINALLY got a Craigslist score. They're hard to come by in my ares, ,I was stoopid excted!

Apart from Fran's metal tags** (I have no tools to work with metal) I basically use full sheets of paper with plastic protectors, the wired shipping labels (more for beer) and painters' masking tape. I also used blackboard paint to create a chalkboard which I hung in the basement right in front of my exercise bike that flags me when I should be racking or testing , tasting or bottling from the different carboys.

** Corrected this sentence. Not sure why but I thought the OP was from Elmer. Sorry for any confusion.

If my wine had wait to be racked till I excercised, I'd have some nicely aged wines. :)

Latest posts

Back