carboy size

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbenus

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was getting to be an expert, I learn that the carboy I thought was 6 gallonswas actually 6-1/2. Learned this the hard way racking to a new 6 gal pet bottle. Imagine looking down and seeing my new Amerone pouring out the top...Luckily I'd sterilized my overflow box so nothing was lost, except some pride.And luckily no one saw me.

But my question is, I'm worried the 6 gallon kits I made will be too watery. I figure I'll drink it anyway, but what do you think?

Definitely drink them. In my opinion they shouldbe as drinkable as a box wine. Using to top off future wines would also be a good use.

everyone here at one point or another did what you did.....its how we all learn...our problem is that we forget we did in time to tell someone like you

trust me, five yrs down the road you will see someone come here and ask..."are all six gallon carboys really six gallons?" :)

and you will think back on this

and it never ends..i spilled about one liter of my good stuff in my winery last week ...what a terrible waste! :)

Al Fulchino said:
and it never ends..i spilled about one liter of my good stuff in my winery last week ...what a terrible waste! :)

smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

smiley19.gif

Not all carboys are createdequal......you will find that one 6 gal. carboy will be bigger or smaller than the next...
smiley19.gif
...or 5 gal. for that matter.....and do you think that I am smart enough to mark them...lol....just part of the game I think..

Latest posts

Back