Can you send me a Norton bottle?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
OK, this has been frustrating so maybe there's help onsite here. Who here has a decent bottle of Norton they can send me so I have some idea what the heck I am aiming at when these grapes starting coming in here around June or July? I will be glad to reimburse your shipping or do a trade.

Please don't suggest buying from a commercial winery. None of the considerable list of them I have been through in many states so far will ship me a bottle in Tennessee.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few good ones produced around here. Namely Horton and Chrysalis. I think I can get both at the grocery store. Will check and get back to you.

There are a few good ones produced around here. Namely Horton and Chrysalis. I think I can get both at the grocery store. Will check and get back to you.

My friends have a timeshare in Gordonsville and we are planning a trip there in July. We plan to visit the Horton winery. I will have to check out the Norton. I see they also have a Malbec. Interesting, I haven't seen malbec in any of our local wineries here in NC, (yet).

jamesngalveston said:
go to this link...see if its what your wanting.
i can send you one.

link
http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/showpage?keyword=Norton&pageid=search

Although Norton wines from Argentina are awesome, I think the orig poster wants the North American Norton grape wine (aka Cynthiana). This was a link I came across of a forum response about where to obtain Norton. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/365176. With all the states that can ship and receive wine, I'm sure there must be one in there thats a good example of the grape. I could swear that Yates wine cellar at Keuka Lake used to handle the stuff, but I cant find any on their web site. Cheers!

Although Norton wines from Argentina are awesome, I think the orig poster wants the North American Norton grape wine (aka Cynthiana). This was a link I came across of a forum response about where to obtain Norton. http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/365176. With all the states that can ship and receive wine, I'm sure there must be one in there thats a good example of the grape. I could swear that Yates wine cellar at Keuka Lake used to handle the stuff, but I cant find any on their web site. Cheers!

Tennessee is a particularly difficult state to ship wine into unless the winery is associated with one of the big liquor distriubutors in-state that give so heavily to our politicians. I have found a mere handful of wineries who'll do it anyway in a plain box, but none of those make a Norton wine.

Hopefully, Boatboy will be able to help me out. I am particularly interested in Chrysalis, since Jenni McCloud is the biggest modern-day advocate of the grape.

Latest posts

Back