Can I feed my chickens fruit out the bag

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjr

Reaction score
Can I feed my chickens or any of my animals the fruit out of my fruit bag after fermentation? They like the scraps of all my vegetable and fruits we use to cook and dont use but Dont want to get them drunk and have my roosters getting all drunk and starting bar fights lol

Anyone have experience with this?

:) I have experience being chased by the neighbors rooster but seriously I would pass on feeding them the fermented fruit and toss it in the compost. Cuz if you were to feed it to them, "I don't think its a good idea" you would have to make sure it's rinsed really well and probably soaked as well!

the fruit would have alcohol in it and I don't think that is a very good idea.

Getting a chicken drunk before slaughter helps to relax them.

If you spread it out among all your animals, the amount of alcohol should be minor.

Ok ill just compost it I wasn't sure if it'd have that much alcohol in it but no need to mess the hens up. And ya if I was about to butcher them lol that may not be a bad idea

Thanks for the input yall

Once in a while I take the leftovers out to a buddy of mine. Chickens seem to enjoy the leftover fruit. Didn't notice them stagger much. Hogs and goats didn't mind it either. Gobbled it right down. They might of went for a nap afterwards, but didn't pay attention to them. Arne.

I would think the majority of the "food" that was in the fruit is used up during the soak. Probably nothing more than tasty junk food at that point.

Alcohol, doubtful after pressing or squeezing.

Ya I didn't kno if there might be any vitamins or minerals for them but I think ill try the goats just because there alot bigger and ill let it dry out a bit

Latest posts

Back